Roadshow Online Auctions Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions listed below is an agreement for the bidders(s) and the auctioneer(s) and shall govern all auctions conducted by Roadshow Online Auctions, in accordance with the code of ethics outlined by the A.A.O. (Auctioneers Association of Ontario). Roadshow Online Auctions will make every effort to give a correct description with photograph(s) for all items in the auctions but will not be responsible for any human or electronic errors or omissions. All bidders must agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement before they register to bid.
1. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older. All registration information (Telephone, Address, Driver's License #, etc.) provided to the Auctioneer shall be current, accurate, and complete.
2. The bidder agrees to not use any device to interfere with the working of any auction sale.
3. All items are sold to the highest bidder are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". Make SURE you have examined the item before bidding.
4. All sales are final; all sales are subject to a 15% buyers' premium and HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) and paid for in full by the bidder.
5. All sales are to be paid for in full and items picked up at the designated times and location. Payments by Cash, Debit, Visa, and Mastercard.
6. No item can be removed until the winning bidders invoice is received and the item is paid for in full by the bidder.
7. No bidder or buyer agrees not to retract their bid, and acknowledges the the highest bidder is the buyer.
8. Roadshow Online Auctions will control the auction at all times and reserves the right accept or reject any bid at their discretion.
9. Disputes will be settled by the discretion of Roadshow Online Auctions and all decisions are final.
10. Auction viewing and pickup & payment scheduled times are very flexible but must be adhered to. NO EXCEPTIONS.
11. Roadshow Online Auctions or the item owner reserves the right to remove any item from the auction at any time.
12. Roadshow Online Auctions and their staff will not be responsible for any errors, omissions, or condition of items.
13. The bidder buyer is responsible and must satisfy themselves as to the condition, authenticity, age and identity of the offered item.
14. The Consignor-or the owner of the auctioned item-will not be held responsible for condition or authenticity.
15. The bidder buyer will not be permitted to make any objections on anyt grounds after the sale has concluded.
16. Reserve bids will be the starting price.
17. The buyer is the owner of the merchandise after payment is received in full and is responsible thereafter for the item(s).
18. The buyer is responsible for providing packing, wrapping, boxes, dolly's, and manpower for lifting furniture and transportation.
19. The buyer is responsible for removing all items on time in a safe and orderly manner.
20. The buyer is responsible for any damage to Roadshow Online Auctions property, staff, or customers.
21. The buyer must notify Roadshow Online Auctions if they have elected someone else to pick up their merchandise. Sale invoice required.
22. Buyers who fail to pick up their items at the designated times will be subject to additonal storage and administration costs.
23. Buyers who have not contacted Roadshow Online Auctions about late pickup wil be subject to a disposal charge.
24. Roadshow Online Auctions has the right to resell items that have not been paid for after 5 banking days of last pickup/payment date.
25. Roadshow Online Auctions reserves the right to take legal action for unpaid items.
26. Roadshow Online Auctions cannot and will not be held responsible for any computerized or electronic loss of service, error, or omissions.
27. The bidder acknowledges that the auctions are conducted via the Internet and electronic interruptions could occur without notice.
28. Roadshow Online Auctions, at their sole discretion, may stop, void, and suspend any online auction for any reason.
29. Roadshow Online Auctions will only use bidder/consignor private information for their own use and will not sell or rent such information.
30. Roadshow Online Auctions reserves the right to use bidder/consignor/owner information to advertise online auctions via email, text, post.
31. Roadshow Online Auctions acknowledges the right of the bidder/consignor/owner to discontinue receiving online auction advertising.
32. The bidder/consignor/owner can be removed from online auction information by contacting Roadshow Online Auctions.
33. The bidder is responsible for all bids under his/her designated number and will be held accountable for all bids on that registration.
34. The bidder is solely responsible for the security of bid number and password.
35. Roadshow Online Auctions will not be responsible for any compromised registrations (login & password).
36. The bidder should contact Roadshow Online Auctions immediately if his/her registration information has been compromised.
37. Roadshow Online Auctions are the agents for the consignors/owners/sellers of all items in the online auction sale.
38. Definitions - a) Bid: offer to buy.
b) Auction: Public sale where items are sold to the highest bidder.
c) Reserve: item is not sold until reserve amount is met.
d) Maximum bid: bidder may place a larger bid than the bid increments to a maximum amount, your bid will increase with the other lower bidders to your maximum. If the bids go above your maximum you will have to increase your bid. If you are the last winning bidder without going over your Maximum you will only be charged the winning bid amount.
e) Soft close: any last minute bids will extend the auction for an extra 3 minutes, if another bid is received in that extended 3 minutes, then the auction will continue until a 3 minute period is without any bids.
f) Winning bidder: You are now responsible for payment and pickup. You will receive an automatic invoice that you must pay at the designated time and place. After payment you will be the new owner of the item(s).
g) Bid increments: These are set out by the opening and starting bid, $0.00-$9.00 = $1.00 increment; $9.01-$28.00 = $2.00; $28.01-$55.00 = $5.00; $55.01-$290.00 = $10; $290.01- 485.00 = $15.00; $485.01-$975.00 = $25.00; $975.01-$9950.00 = $50.00; $9950.01-$15000.00 = $100.00; $15000.01-$9,999,999.00= $1000.00